The Education Job Market and Graduate Degrees in English

by Anna Blanch on July 18, 2009

Are you interested in the current state of the job market? or whether an English Masters Degree or an Education Masters Degree is most likely to get you a teaching job?

Dean Dad’s post in response to a letter asking for advice about what Graduate degree would be most conducive to a Community College teaching job in English might offer some insight.

He argues that an MA in English is more likely to get you a Community College job but that it is best if it is Rhetoric and Composition (Rhet and Comp). I wonder what my colleagues presently teaching Freshman Comp at a four year university would think about that.

Related posts:

Previous post:

Next post: